Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Stanley Berent, Ph.D. (Professor Emeritus, Active)
Phone: (734) 763-9259
- 1971-1972 Clinical Internship: National Institute of Mental Health, Saint Elizabeth's Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Rutgers - The State University, New Brunswick, New Jersey; Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology)
- 1966-1967 Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia; M.S. (Psychology)
- 1963-1966 Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia; A.A., B.S. (Psychology)
- Neuropsychological evaluation, all ages
- Effects of toxicants on the nervous system and behavior
- Psychological contributions to neurological, psychiatric, and other medical conditions
- Neurobehavioral toxicology
- Nerodegenerative diseases
- Normal and abnormal coping and adaptation
- Professor Emeritus of Psychology, Active (Appointments in: Psychiatry (primary), Neurology (Med. School), Psychology (LS&A), and Environmental and Industrial Health (School of Public Health)
- Co-Director, Neurobehavioral Toxicology Program
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Berent, S, Giordani, B, Foster, N, Minoshima, S, Lajiness-O'Neal, R, Koeppe, R, Kuhl, DE. Neuropsychological function and cerebral glucose utilization in isolated memory impairment and Alzheimer's Disease, Journal of Psychiatric Research, 33:7-16, 1999.
- Berent, S., Trask, CL: Human Neuropsychological Testing and Evaluation, in Massaro, E. (Ed.): Neurotoxicology Handbook, Volume 2 (Section on neurobehavioral assessment methods, Section Ed.: J. Mattsson), Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, 2000.
- Albers, JW, Berent, S. (Eds.) Neurological Clinics: Clinical Neurobehavioral Toxicology. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 2000.
- Berent, S. Albers, JW. Neurobehavioral toxicology: Neurological and Neuropsychological perspectives, Vol. I, Foundations and Methods. London and New York: Taylor and Francis, 2005.
- Albers, JW., Berent, S. Neurobehavioral toxicology: Neurological and Neuropsychological perspectives, Vol. II, Peripheral nervous system. London and New York: Taylor and Francis, 2005.
- Berent, S. Albers, JW. Neurobehavioral toxicology: Neurological and Neuropsychological perspectives, Vol. III, Central Nervous System. London and New York: Taylor and Francis, In press.