Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Kristen Lawton Barry (Emeritus), Ph.D.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Ph.D.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, M.S.
- University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse, B.S.
- Alcohol screening and brief interventions
- Mental health service utilization and patient outcomes
- Research Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan
- Investigator, National VA Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation Center (SMITREC)
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Barry KL, Milner K, Blow FC, Impens A, Welsh D, Amash J. Screening for psychiatric emergency department patients with major mental illnesses and at-risk drinking, Psychiatric Services 57(7):1039-42, 2006.
- Blow FC, Barry KL, Walton MA, Maio R, Chermack ST, Bingham CR, Ignacio RV, Strecher V. The efficacy of brief tailored alcohol messages among injured at risk drinkers in the emergency department, Journal of Studies on Alcohol 67(4):568-78, 2006.
- Barry KL, Caetano R, DeJoseph MC, Miller LA, O’Connor MH, Olson MC. Reducing Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancies: National Task Force on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Fetal Alcohol Effect. January 2008.