Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Roseanne Armitage, Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 615-8303
- 1986 Ph.D., Experimental Psychology Carleton University
- 1979 M.A., Psychology Carleton University
- 1978 B.Sc. (with honors), Psychobiology Dalhousie University
- Sleep and Biological Rhythm regulation in depression
- Gender differences and biological risks factors for depression
- Childhood Depression
- Effects of antidepressant medications on sleep
- Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
- Director of the Sleep and Chronophysiology Laboratory
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Armitage R, Hoffmann RF, Rush AJ: Biological rhythm disturbance in depression: temporal coherence of ultradian sleep EEG rhythms. Psychological Medicine, 29:1435-1448, 1999.
- Armitage R, Hoffmann R, Trivedi, M, Rush AJ: Slow-wave activity in NREM sleep: sex and age effects in depressed outpatients and healthy controls. Psychiatry Research, 95:201-213, 2000.
- Armitage R: The effects of antidepressants on sleep in patients with depression. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 45:803-809, 2000.
- Armitage R, Hoffmann RF: Sleep EEG, depression and gender. Sleep Medicine Reviews, 5(3):237-246, 2001.
- Morehouse R, Kusumakar V, Kutcher S, LeBlanc J, Hoffmann R, Armitage R: Temporal coherence in ultradian sleep EEG rhythms in a never-depressed high-risk cohort. Biological Psychiatry, 51(6):446-456, 2002.
- Shaffery, J, Hoffmann, R, Armitage, R. The Neurobiology of Depression:Perspectives from animal and human sleep studies. The Neuroscientist, 2003, 9:83-98.
- Armitage R, Hoffmann R, Emslie G, Weinberg W, Mayes T, Rush AJ. Sleep microarchitecture as a predictor of recurrence in children and adolescents with depression. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, 2002, 5:1-12.
- Shine-Burdick R, Hoffmann R, Armitage R. Oral contraceptives and sleep in depressed and healthy women. Sleep, 2002 25:347-349.