Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Kenneth M. Adams, Ph.D., ABPP
Phone: (734) 763-9259
- Internship: Lafayette Clinic (Detroit Medical Center) 1973
- Wayne State University Wayne State University: Ph.D. (Psychology) 1974
- Wayne State University: M.A. (Clinical Psychology) 1973
- Wayne State University: B.S. (Psychology & Mathematics) 1970
- Abnormal Aging
- Long Term Effects of Medical Illness on Neuropsychological and Emotional Adaptation
- Cerebral Trauma
- Effects of Neurotoxic Exposures
- Methodology in Brain-Behavior Studies
- Neuroimaging in Studies of Neuropsychological Issues
- Long Terms Effects of Alcohol and Substance Abuse on Development
- Child Neuropsychological Risk Factors and their effect on Adult Outcomes
- Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry, Medical School
- Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychology, LS&A
- Associate Chief for Educational Programs, Mental Health Service; Chief Psychologist VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Marshall, D.F., Walker, S.J., Ryan, K.A., Masoud, M.M., Saunders, E.F., Weldon, A.L., Adams, K.M., McInnis, M.G., & Langenecker, S.A. (2012) Greater executive and visual memory dysfunction in comorbid Bipolar Disorder (BD) and Substance use disorder (SUD) compared to those with BD without SUD. Psychiatry Research, 200, 252-257. (appeared in Jan. 2013)
- Adams, K.M. & Waldron-Perrine, B. (2013). Once over the emotional landscape for clinical neuropsychology, with feeling. PsychCritques, 57
- Duax, J.M., Waldron-Perrine, B., Rauch, S.A.M., & Adams, K.M. (2013). Prolonged exposure therapy for a Vietnam veteran with PTSD and early stage dementia. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 20, 64-73.
- Ommaya, A.K., Adams, K.M., Allman, R.M., Collins, E.G., Cooper, R.A., Dixon, C.E., Fishman, P.S., Henry, J.A., Kardon, R., Kerns, R.D., Kupersmith, J., Lo, A., Macko, R., McArdle, R., McGlinchey, R.E., McNeil, M.R., O’Toole, T.P., Peckham, P.H., Tuszynski, M.H., Waxman, S.G., & Wittenberg, G.F Opportunities in rehabilitation research.. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, 50(6) vii-xxxi.
- Adams, K.M. & Waldron-Perrine, B., (2014) Psychometrics, Test Design, Essential Statistics. In Stucky. K., Kirkwood, M., and Donders, J. (Eds). Clinical Neuropsychology Study Guide and Board Review Guide. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Waldron-Perrine, B., & Adams, K.M. (2014). Alcohol Related Syndromes-Clinical Assessment. In M. Parsons & T. Hammeke (Eds.) Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment (3rd Ed.). Washington: American Psychological Association Press.