Women and Infants Mental Health Clinic
Welcome! We believe that all women and their families deserve support as they navigate the many transitions throughout the life cycle.
The Women and Infants Mental Health Clinic provides both consultation and continuing care for women and their children. Our team brings together specialists from many disciplines to provide a range of services for women experiencing low moods, anxiety, or trauma-related difficulties around the time of childbearing, infertility, or following a loss. We also offer care to women experiencing premenstrual irritability or difficult moods during early menopause. We encourage the involvement of fathers, partners, and other key supports whenever possible.
The clinic is staffed by a multidisciplinary, specialty team within Ambulatory Psychiatry. This team provides a range of clinical services for women with mood and related disorders around the time of childbearing. The team provides both consultation and continuing care for women and their children. Most referrals to the team are from obstetrics and gynecology, but self and community referrals are also common.
Clinical services include:
- Medication consultations and ongoing treatments
- Individual Psychotherapy (including Interpersonal Psychotherapy- IPT and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy- CBT) for depression
- Assessments and resources for parents and infants to support strong relationships and improve child well-being through the Parenting in Postpartum (PIP) Wellness Program
- Assessments and treatments for women with a history of trauma
- Assistance with community resources and referrals
To schedule an initial appointment:
Depression Center & Ambulatory Psychiatry
Download our brochures for more information:
|Download our Clinic Brochure||Download the PIP Wellness Program Brochure|