Evidence-Based Medicine Seminar*
In the fall of 2005, we began an Evidence-Based Medicine Seminar series. The goal of this seminar series is to provide trainees, faculty and staff with a primer and update on EBM approaches to psychiatric care. The slide sets available here are recent seminar offerings on specific clinical questions or background/overview issues for EBM.
Past Evidence-Based Medicine Seminar Presentations
- Introduction to Evidence-Based Medicine
- Treatment of Acute Mania in Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Treatment of Chronic Insomnia
- Evidence Based Medicine: Time Saving Steps
- Treatment of severe depression in an elderly patient
- Treatment of Comorbid Depression and Alcohol Use Disorders
- Evidence-based Treatment of Psychotic Depression
- Effectiveness of Second generation antipsychotics on Dementia-related Pyschosis and Agitation
- Combined Pharmacotherapy and Psychotherapy for Anxiety Disorders: Is Efficacy Enhanced? An Evidenced-Based Approach
- Evidence Based Guidelines for Pharmacotherapy in the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence
Chandan Nayak, MD
- Antidepressants in Kids: Benefits of Treatment vs. Risk of Suicidal Behavior
Gregory Dalack, MD
- Treatment of GAD: Implications of Comorbid Personality Disorder
Thane Ericson, Ph.D.
- Violence Risk Assessment in Psychiatric Patients
Joshua Bess, MD
- Evidence based medicine approach to the diagnosis and treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Clinical Case: Vascular Dementia
Gregory Dalack, MD
- Neuropsychiatric Sequelae of TBI: Searching for Buried Treasure
M. Justin Coffey, MD
- Should Psychiatrists Prescribe Metformin for Weight Gain from Atypical Antipsychotics?
Paul Pfeiffer, MD & Gregory Dalack, MD
- A Case of Refractory Bipolar Disorder: Role for Psychotherapy?
Gregory Dalack, MD
- Pharmacotherapy for Social Phobia with Panic disorder: What is the evidence?
Jennifer Seibert, MD & Gregory W. Dalack, MD
- Bipolar Depression: One Drug at a Time
Daniel Gih, MD & Alan Prossin, MBBS
- Factors That May Impact Psychotherapy Outcomes for Depression: An Evidence-Based Approach
Sai Li MD PGYIII; Faculty Sponsors: Gregory Dalack M.D. and Heather Flynn Ph.D.
- Metformin treatment for weight gain secondarily associated to atypical antipsychotic use in children/adolescents
John Schloss, M.D., M.S. & Gregory Dalack, M.D.
- Conversion Disorder: The Initial Presentation
Presented by Ed Deneke, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Gregory Dalack, M.D.
- Treatment of Psychotic Depression in Pregnancy
Presented by Lizette Solis, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Maria Muzik, M.D., M.Sc.
- Depression in a 22 Year Old Man
Presented by Louis Feurino, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Gregory Dalack, M.D.
- Worries About Memory: Mild Cognitive Impairment, Vascular Depression and Anxiety
Presented by Nikhil Dhawan, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Gregory Dalack, M.D.
- EBM Seminar
Presented by Brandon N. Reynolds, M.D., Faculty Sponsors: Joshua Bess, M.D. and Alan Prossin, M.D.
- Pharmacologic Interventions for Dementia with Behavioral Disturbances
Presented by Zach Morairty, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Mary Blazek, M.D.
- The Serotonin Transporter, Stress and Depression Meta-Analysis Revisited: Evidence of Genetic Moderation
Presented by Katja Karg, Kerby Shedden, Faculty Sponsors: Margit Burmeister and Srijan Sen
- Evidenced Based Medicine Seminar: Evidence for Psychotherapeutic Interventions in Borderline Personality Disorder
Presented by G. David Annas, M.D., Faculty Discussant: Kenneth Silk, M.D.
- Bipolar Disorder and Pregnancy: A Review of Evidence-based Options
Presented by Chrisantha Anandappa, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Alan Prossin, MBBS
- A Refractory Depression Case: Evidence Based Medicine Approach to the Treatment of Tinnitus. What is The Role of TMS?
Presented by Dayna J. Le Platte, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Brian Mickey, M.D.
- Management of Anxiety In a Patient With Remitting Alcohol Use Disorder
Presented by Heba Gad, M.D. PGY IV , Faculty Sponsor: Esther Akinyemi, MBBS
- Adapting CBT to Patient's with Learning Disabilities
Presented by Rajeev Krishna, M.D., Ph.D., Faculty Sponsor: Ricks Warren, Ph.D.
- Treatment Resistant Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Antipsychotic Augmentation – Off-label Use
Presented by Katrina A. Bozada, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Gregory W. Dalack, M.D.
- Use of Duloxetine in Adolescents
Presented by Veena Tripathi, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Sarah Mohiuddin, M.D.
- Post-stroke Obsessions
Presented by Laura Reese, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Mary Blazek, M.D.
- Outpatient vs. Inpatient Treatment of Anorexia Nervosa: An Evidence-Based Approach
Presented by Aazaz Haq, M.D., Faculty Sponsors: Daniel Gih, M.D. and Thomas Fluent, M.D.
- Worsened Anxiety and Physical Symptoms after Switching SSRIs
Presented by Cara Fosdick, M.D., Faculty Sponsor: Juan Lopez, M.D.
- Review of the FDA Warning for QTc Prolongation with Citalopram: How Concerned Should We Be?
Presented by Lauren B. Gerlach, D.O., Faculty Sponsors: Kara Zivin, Ph.D. and Helen C. Kales, M.D.
- Anything to Add? Considerations for Adjunctive Supplementation for Treatment-Resistant Depression
Presented by Henry Emerle, M.D., Faculty Sponsors: Sara Figueroa, M.D.
* This material was developed as part of an educational activity and should not be construed as comprehensive or representing advice or recommendations for diagnosis or clinical care.