Health Services, Translations & Outcomes Faculty
Edward P. Post, MD, PhD
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia (B.A., Mathematics)
- Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia (M.D.)
- University of California Los Angeles, California (Ph.D., Health Services)
- Mental Health Services
- Chronic Disease Management in Primary Care
- Medical Comorbidity
- Health Economics
Academic, Clinical and Administrative Appointments:
- Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan School of Medicine
- Staff Physician, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Investigator, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Health Services Research & Development, Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation Center
- National Medical Director, Department of Veterans Affairs Primary Care-Mental Health Integration Program
- Active Faculty Member, University of Michigan Depression Center
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Post EP. Insidious Symptoms and a History of Depression. Patient Care 2006; 40(11): 54, 59. Case Report.
- Kilbourne AM, McCarthy JF, Post EP, Welsh D, Pincus HA, Bauer MS, Blow F. Access to and Satisfaction with Care Comparing Patients with and without Serious Mental Illness. Int J Psychiatry Med 2006; 36:383-399.
- Schulberg HC, Post EP, Raue PJ, Ten Have T, Miller M, Bruce ML. Treating Late-Life Depression with Interpersonal Psychotherapy in the Primary Care Sector. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2007; 22:106-114.
- Kilbourne AM, Horvitz-Lennon M, Post EP, McCarthy JF, Cruz M, Welsh D, Blow F. Oral Health in VA Patients Diagnosed with Serious Mental Illness. J Public Health Dent 2007; 67(1):42-48.
- Gallo JJ, Bogner HR, Morales KH, Post EP, Lin JY, Bruce ML. The Effect of a Primary Care Practice-Based Depression Intervention on Mortality in Older Adults. A Randomized Trial. Ann Intern Med 2007; 146:689-698.
- Post EP. Suicidality and Antidepressants in the Elderly. Clin Geriatr 2007; 15:23-28. Review.
- Kilbourne AM, McCarthy JF, Post EP, Welsh D, Blow FC. Social Support among Veterans with Serious Mental Illness. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2007; 42:639-646.
- Kilbourne AM, Rofey DL, McCarthy JF, Post EP, Welsh D, Blow FC. Nutrition and Exercise Behavior among Patients with Bipolar Disorder. Bipolar Disord 2007; 9:443-452.
- Kilbourne AM, Post EP, Bauer MS, Zeber JE, Copeland LA, Good CB, Pincus HA. Therapeutic Drug and Cardiovascular Disease Risk Monitoring in Patients with Bipolar Disorder. J Affect Disord 2007; 102:145-151.
- Kilbourne AM, Brar JS, Drayer RA, Xu X, Post EP. Cardiovascular Disease and Metabolic Risk Factors in Male Patients with Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder, and Bipolar Disorder. Psychosomatics 2007; 48:412-417.
- Bogner HR, Morales KH, Post EP, Bruce ML. Diabetes, Depression, and Death: A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Depression Treatment Program for Older Adults Based in Primary Care (PROSPECT). Diabetes Care 2007; 30:3005-3010.
- Kilbourne AM, Post EP, Nossek A, Sonel E, Drill L, Cooley S, Bauer MS. Service Delivery in Older Patients with Bipolar Disorder: A Review and Development of a Medical Care Model. Bipolar Disord (In Press, 2007).
- Cruz M, Pincus HA, Harman JS, Reynolds CF III, Post EP. Barriers to Care-Seeking for Depressed African Americans. Int J Psychiatry Med (In Press, 2007).