Health Services, Translations & Outcomes Faculty
Brian E. Perron, Ph.D.
- Washington University, St. Louis (PhD, Mental Health Services Research)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison WI (MS, Social Work, Mental Health and Aging)
- The College of St. Scholastica, Duluth MN (BA, Psychology)
- Services for people with serious mental illnesses and substance use problems
- Treatment integration
- Treatment engagement and retention
- Adolescent health and mental health
- Assistant Professor of Social Work, University of Michigan School of Social Work
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Perron, B., & Hiltz, B. (2006). Burnout and secondary trauma among forensic interviewer of children. Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal, 23(2), 216-234.
- Perron, B., & Munson, M. R. (2006). Coping with voices: A group approach for managing auditory hallucinations. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation, 9(3), 241-258.
- Perron, B., Bunger, A., Bender, K & Howard, M. O. (In Press). A systematic review of treatment guidelines for serious mental illnesses. Substance Use & Misuse.
- Perron, B., Gotham, H., & Cho, D. (In press). Victimization in inner-city African-American substance abusing treatment clients: prevalence, associations, and implications for treatment planning. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs.
- Perron, B., & Howard, M. O. (In press). Endemic asthma inhaler misuse and abuse among antisocial adolescents. Drug and Alcohol Dependence.
- Perron, B., Ilgen, M, & Hasche, L. (In press). Classes of services needs among persons in substance abuse treatment. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs.
- Perron, B., & Bright, C. (2008). The influence of legal coercion on treatment retention in substance abuse treatment. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 92(1-3), 123-131.
- Perron, B., Vaughn, M. G., & Howard, M. (2008). Reasons for using inhalants: evidence for discrete classes in a sample of incarcerated youth. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. [Epub ahead of print]
- Proctor, E. K., Knudsen, K. J., Fedoravicius, N., Hovmand, P. S., Rosen, A., & Perron, B. (2007). Implementation of evidence-based practice in community behavioral health: Agency directors’ perspectives. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 34, 479-488.
- Vaughn, M. G., Perron, B., & Howard, M. O. (2007). Variations in social contexts and their effect on adolescent inhalant use: A latent profile investigation. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 91(2-3), 129-133.