Health Services, Translations & Outcomes Faculty
Eric Slade, Ph.D.
- Brown University (Ph.D., Economics)
- Brown University (A.M., Economics)
- Northwestern University (B.A., Economics)
- Mental health economics
- Economics of substance use
- Economics of the transition to adulthood
- Organization and financing of assertive community treatment
Academic and Research Appointments:
- Research Health Scientist, Mental Illness Research and Education Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center, Baltimore, MD.
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD.
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Slade EP, Salkever D, Rosenheck R, Swanson J, Swartz M, Shern D, Gallucci G, Harding C, Palmer L, Russo P, Hough R, Barrio C, Garcia P. Cost-Sharing Requirements and Access to Mental Health Care among Medicare Enrollees with Schizophrenia. Psychiatric Services 56(8): 960-966, 2005.
- Salkever DS, Slade EP, Karakus M. Differential Effects of Atypical vs. Typical Antipsychotic Medication on Earnings of Schizophrenia Patients: Estimates from a Prospective Naturalistic Study. Pharmacoeconomics, 24(2): 123-139, 2006.
- Weist MD, Lindsey M, Moore E, Slade E. Building Capacity in School Mental Health. International Journal of Mental Health Promotion, 8(3): 30-36, 2006.
- Strong-Kinnaman J, Slade EP, Bellack AS, Bennett M. Examination of Contingency Payments to Dually-Diagnosed Patients in a Multi-faceted Behavioral Treatment. Addictive Behaviors, 32(7):1480-1485, 2006.
- Slade EP, Wissow LS. The Influence of Childhood Maltreatment on Adolescents' Academic Performance. Economics of Education Review, 26(5):604-614, 2007.
- Salkever DS, Karakus MC, Slade EP, Harding CM, Hough RL, Rosenheck RA, Swartz MS, Barrio C, Yamada AM. Measures and Predictors of Community-Based Employment and Earnings of Persons with Schizophrenia in a Multisite Study. Psychiatric Services 58(3): 315-324, 2007.
- Slade EP, Stuart EA, Salkever DS, Karakus M, Green K, Ialongo N. Impacts of Age of Onset of Substance Use Disorders on Risk of Adult Incarceration among Disadvantaged Urban Youth: A Propensity Score Matching Approach. Forthcoming, Drug and Alcohol Dependence, December 2007.