Health Services, Translations & Outcomes Faculty
Seth Scott Himelhoch, M.D., M.P.H.
- Brandeis University, Waltham, MA (BA, English and American Literature)
- University of Michigan, School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI (MD)
- Johns Hopkins, School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD (MPH, Epidemiology)
- Access to care
- Developing innovative treatments for psychiatric and drug use disorders among individuals with HIV.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, School of Medicine
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Goldberg, R., Himelhoch, S, Kreyenbuhl, J., Dickerson, F. Hackman, A., Dixon, L. Predictors of HIV and Hepatitis Testing and Related Service Utilization Among Individuals with Serious Mental Illness. Psychosomatics. 2005 Dec;46(6):573-577
- Himelhoch, S, and Medoff, D. Efficacy of antidepressant medication among HIV+ individuals with depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis. AIDS Patient Care and STDs. 2005 Dec;19(12):813-22.
- Himelhoch S, Moates, A., Lehman A, Dixon L. Racial differerences in rates and patterns of smoking exist among individuals with serious mental illness. Journal of the Association of Academic Minority Physicians. 2005, 16 (1): 43-50
- Chander, G., Himelhoch, S. and Moore, R. Substance Abuse and Psychiatric Disorders in HIV-Positive Patients: Epidemiology and Impact on Antiretroviral Therapy. Drugs. 2006 June 66 (6): 769-789.
- Himelhoch, S., Powe, N.R., Breakey, W., Gebo, K.A. Schizophrenia, AIDS And The Decision To Prescribe HAART: Results Of A National Survey Of HIV Clinicians. Journal of Intervention and Prevention in the Community.33 (1/2):109-120.2006
- Himelhoch, S. and Ehrenreich, M. Psychotherapy by Primary Care Providers: Results of a National Sample. Psychosomatics. Jul-Aug;48(4):325-30. 2007
- Himelhoch, S, McCarthy, J.F., Gonaczy, D., Medoff, D., Dixon, L., Blow, F. Understanding Associations between Serious Mental Illness and HIV among Veterans: A National Multivariate Analysis. Psychiatric Services. 58; 1165-1172. 2007.
- Himelhoch, S. Medoff, D. and Oyeniyi G. Efficacy of Group Psychotherapy to Reduce Depressive Symptoms among HIV infected Individuals: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2007 Oct;21(10):732-9.
- Himelhoch, S.,Chander, G, Fleisman, J.A., Hellinger, J., Gaist, P., and Gebo, K.A. Access to HAART and Utilization of Inpatient Medical Hospital Services among HIV-Infected Patients with Co-Occurring Serious Mental Illness and Injection Drug Use. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2007 Nov-Dec;29(6):518-25.
- Himelhoch, S, McCarthy, J.F., Gonaczy, D., Medoff, D., Kilbourne, A., Goldberg, R., Dixon, L., Blow, F. Understanding Associations between Serious Mental Illness and Hepatitis C among Veterans: A National Multivariate Analysis. Accepted for publication in Psychosomatics.
- Korthuis, P.T., Josephs, J., Fleishman, J.A., Hellinger, J., Himelhoch, S., Chander, G., Morse, E.B., Gebo, K.A. Substance Abuse Treatment in HIV: The Role of Patient-Provider Discussions. Accepted for publication in the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment
Tel: (410) 706-2490
Fax: (410) 706-0022