Health Services, Translations & Outcomes Faculty
Mark S. Bauer, M.D.
- University of Chicago (A.B., Human Behavior)
- University of Pennsylvania (M.D.)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Patient-Centered Care
- Health Plan Implementation
- Health Planning Technical Assessment
- Health Services Research
- Organizational Case Studies
Academic, Administrative, Clinical and Research Appointments:
- Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Director, Harvard South Shore Psychiatry Residency Training
- Attending Psychiatrist, VA Boston Healthcare System
- Investigator, Center for Organization, Leadership, and Management Research Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Department of Veterans Affairs
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Zeber JE, McCarthy JF, Bauer MS, Kilbourne AM. Self-reported access to general medical and psychiatric care in veterans with bipolar disorder. Psychiatric Services 2007; 58:740.
- Kilbourne AM, Post EP, Bauer MS, Zeber JE, Copeland LA, Good CB, Pincus HA. Therapeutic drug and cardiovascular disease risk monitoring in patients with bipolar disorder. J Affect Disord 2008; in press.
- Zeber JE, Copeland LA, Good CB, Fine MJ, Bauer MS, Kilbourne AM. Therapeutic alliance perceptions and medication adherence in patients with bipolar disorder. Journal of Affect Disord 2008; in press.
- Kilbourne AM, Copeland LA, Zeber JE, Bauer MS, Lasky E, Bood CB. Determinants of complementary and alternative medicine use by patients with bipolar disorder. Psychopharmacol Bull 2008; in press.
- Altshuler L, Biswas K, Tekell J, Kilbourne AM, Evans D, Tang D, Bauer MS. Executive function and employment status in bipolar disorder. Psychiatric Services 2008; in press.
- Dennehy EB, Bauer MS, Perlis RH, Kogan JN, Sachs GS. Concordance with treatment guidelines for bipolar disorder: data from the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program for Bipolar Disorder. Psychopharmacol Bull 2008; in press.
- Kilbourne AM, Post EP, Nossek A, Sonel E, Drill L, Cooley S, Bauer MS. Service delivery in older patients with bipolar disorder: a review and development of a medical care model. Bipolar Disorders 2008, in press.
- Kilbourne AM, Neumann MS, Pincus HA, Bauer MS, Stall R. Implementing evidence-based interventions in health care: application of the Replicating Effective Programs framework. Implementation Science 2007; 42:4.
- Kilbourne AM, Lasky E, Pincus HA, Good CB, Cooley S, Basavaraju A, Greenwald D, Fine MJ, Bauer MS. VA-Academic partnerships: The Continuous Improvement for Veterans in Care-Mood Disorders (CIVIC-MD) Study. Psychiatric Services 2008; in press.